Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Poetry Sounds

I recently lost a woman that raised me, through actions and her loving guidance, from birth. She showed me how to love others, consider their feelings, and to always have pride in myself and know that I am loved.I will miss her greatly, but God needed another angel, and she already has the experience from her years here - guiding and loving all, from her closest family to a person she might be waiting in line with at the grocery store. Everything I do, everything I accomplish, I do with her in my mind and in my heart. In Loving Memory of Marie 1928-2000
This Poem was found at http://www.netpoets.com/.

At first I thought rhyme was to use words that sound the same in your writing, but it actually means the repetition of the sound of the stressed vowel and any sound that follows in words that are close together. I learned that end rhymes are rhymes that occur at the end of lines. An example of this is the poem “Since Hannah Moved Away” by Judith Viorst. I also learned about rhyme scheme that is the pattern of end rhymes in a poem, which is indicated by a different letter for each rhyme. On my pretest, I earned far below grade level. On the posttest I hope that I will earn above grade level.

No comments: